Waco Burglary Lawyer
Aggressive Defense for Burglary Charges in McLennan County
In the face of burglary accusations in Waco, securing a legal advocate well-versed in the complexities of the law becomes imperative. At the Law Office of Kyle C. King, we specialize in crafting robust defense strategies for individuals charged with burglary offenses. Our seasoned legal team is dedicated to navigating the intricacies of burglary cases, ensuring the best possible outcome for our clients.
Call the Law Office of Kyle C. King today at (254) 332-1414 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our burglary attorney in Waco!
What is Burglary?
Burglary constitutes a severe criminal offense involving unlawful entry into a building or habitation with the intent to commit theft, assault, or a felony. In Texas, the law delineates burglary under various circumstances, demanding a comprehensive understanding of the elements constituting this crime. The Law Office of Kyle C. King possesses profound knowledge of Texas burglary laws, offering you the guidance needed in such challenging situations.
What are the Penalties for Burglary in Texas?
Burglary charges in Texas carry severe consequences, and understanding the potential penalties is crucial for anyone accused. Our team is well-versed in Texas law and can help you comprehend the potential ramifications. Here are the penalties associated with burglary in Texas:
Classification of Burglary:
- First-degree felony: Involves burglary of a habitation with the intent to commit a felony other than theft.
- Second-degree felony: Encompasses burglary of a habitation with the intent to commit theft.
- First-degree felony: Imprisonment for 5 to 99 years or life and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Second-degree felony: Imprisonment for 2 to 20 years and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Penalties may escalate if aggravating factors, such as using a deadly weapon, occur during the offense.
At the Law Office of Kyle C. King, we recognize the severity of burglary charges. We are prepared to defend vigorously to protect your rights and mitigate potential penalties.
Defenses Against Burglary Charges
Mounting an effective defense against burglary requires a comprehensive understanding of the law and navigating complex legal proceedings. Our experienced legal team at the Law Office of Kyle C. King is well-equipped to explore various defenses tailored to your specific case:
- Lack of Intent: Challenging the prosecution's ability to prove the defendant's intent to commit a crime within the premises.
- Mistaken Identity: Confirming that the accused was not the individual involved in the alleged burglary.
- Consent: Presenting evidence that the defendant had permission or consent to enter the premises.
- Insufficient Evidence: Scrutinizing the prosecution's evidence to identify weaknesses or inconsistencies.
- Unlawful Search and Seizure: Challenging the search and seizure leading to the arrest, ensuring constitutional rights were not violated.
Contact Our Waco Burglary Attorney Today
At the Law Office of Kyle C. King, we protect your rights and provide a robust defense tailored to your unique situation. If you or a loved one is accused of burglary, contact us immediately for a confidential consultation. Our commitment to excellence in legal representation is your best defense against the serious consequences of burglary charges.
Contact the Law Office of Kyle C. King today to schedule a meeting with our burglary lawyer in Waco!