Waco Theft Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against Theft Charges in Texas
As the Law Office of Kyle C. King, we recognize the complexities surrounding theft crimes and their impact on individuals' lives. Our team is dedicated to providing strategic and aggressive representation for clients facing theft crime charges in Waco, Texas. Understanding the nuances of theft laws in the state is crucial, and our firm is committed to navigating the legal landscape to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Common Theft Crimes in Texas
Texas law encompasses a range of theft crimes, each with its elements and penalties. At the Law Office of Kyle C. King, we specialize in handling cases related to various theft offenses, including but not limited to:
- Shoplifting: Unauthorized taking of merchandise from a store with the intent to permanently deprive the owner.
- Burglary: Unlawful entry into a building or structure intending to commit theft, assault, or a felony.
- Robbery: Theft involving force, threats, or intimidation against another person.
- Auto Theft: Unlawful taking of a vehicle with the intent to permanently deprive the owner.
- Identity Theft: Unauthorized use of someone else's personal information for fraud.
- Embezzlement: Misappropriation of funds entrusted to an individual for personal gain.
Understanding the specific elements of each theft crime is vital in crafting a defense tailored to the unique circumstances of your case. Our team is well-versed in Texas theft laws and has successfully represented clients facing many theft charges.
Call the Law Office of Kyle C. King today at (254) 332-1414 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our theft crimes attorney in Waco!
The penalties for theft crimes in Texas vary depending on factors such as the value of the stolen property, any prior criminal history, and the specific circumstances of the offense. As seasoned Waco theft crimes lawyers, we are committed to advocating for our client's rights and minimizing the potential consequences they may face.
In Texas, theft offenses are generally classified as misdemeanors or felonies, with penalties ranging from fines to imprisonment. For instance:
- Class C misdemeanor: the value of what was stolen is less than $100, punishable by a fine of up to $500
- Class B misdemeanor: the value of what was stolen ranges between $100 to $749, punishable by 180 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $2,000
- Class A misdemeanor: the value of what was stolen ranges between $750 to $2,499, punishable by jail time of up to a year and/or a fine of up to $4,000
- State jail felony: the value of what was stolen ranges between $2,500 to $29,999, punishable by 180 days, up to two years in jail, and/or a fine of up to $10,000
- Third-degree felony: the value of what was stolen ranges between $30,000 to $149,999, punishable by two to 10 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $10,000
- Second-degree felony: the value of what was stolen ranges between $150,000 to $299,999, punishable by two to 20 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $10,000
- First-degree felony: the value of what was stolen was $300,000 or more, punishable by five up to 99 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $10,000
Navigating the legal system and understanding the potential consequences of theft charges can be overwhelming. Our experienced attorneys at the Law Office of Kyle C. King are dedicated to providing aggressive representation, working tirelessly to build a strong defense, and seeking the best possible outcome for your case.
Successfully defending against theft crime charges requires a thorough understanding of the law and a strategic approach tailored to the unique details of each case. Our skilled legal team employs a variety of defenses, including:
- Lack of Intent: Demonstrating that the accused did not intend to permanently deprive the owner of the property can be a strong defense strategy.
- Mistaken Identity: If mistaken identity is possible, we work diligently to gather evidence to prove our client's innocence.
- Ownership Dispute: In cases where there is a dispute over ownership of the property, we work to present evidence supporting our client's claim.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: Challenging the legality of the search and seizure that led to the discovery of the alleged stolen property.
We aim to provide unwavering support and effective legal representation, utilizing our knowledge and experience to protect the rights of our clients facing theft crime charges.
Contact Our Waco Theft Crimes Attorney Today
Navigating theft crime charges in Waco, Texas, requires a dedicated and experienced legal team. The Law Office of Kyle C. King is committed to providing strategic and aggressive representation to protect the rights and interests of our clients. Our seasoned attorneys are ready to fight for you and guide you through the legal process with expertise and commitment.
Contact the Law Office of Kyle C. King today to schedule a consultation with our theft crimes lawyer in Waco!